SUMMER 2021 INTERNSHIPS--Gender Equality Intern (Virtual)
In 2019, Save the Children, U.S. (SCUS) launched its first-ever Gender Equality Strategy for 2019-2021. Our strategy recognizes that transformative change can only be achieved if we take an inside-out approach to this work – advancing gender equality not only across programming and advocacy, but also in how we operate. Our working culture, systems and procedures, and underlying organizational values influence how we design, implement and evaluate our programs, ultimately affecting our outcomes for children.
In this role, you will work alongside the Gender Equality team and broader Gender Equality Hub to support the advancement of the Gender Equality Strategy. Specifically, you will contribute to developing and cultivating knowledge management and communications efforts.
What You’ll be Doing (Essential Duties & Responsibilities)
- Maintain and support the building of knowledge, evidence and learning related to Gender Equality Self-Assessments and Gender and Power Analyses
- Design, build, and maintain Gender Equality intranet webpages on Sharepoint platform
- Develop and publish creative content on internal social media accounts
- Develop infographics and content for presentations
- Other tasks/projects related to driving forth the agency’s Gender Equality Strategy
- Must be an actively enrolled Associate, Bachelor, Master or other post high school education program, or have graduated within 6 months of program start date
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English,
- Demonstrate collaborative interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully within a team
- Professional proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite, Photoshop, and desktop publishing
- Familiarity with web platforms, web design, digital communications, and social media
What’s In It for You
- Meaningful work under the direct supervision of an experienced Save the Children staff member
- Highly collaborative and innovative teams
- Flexible schedule
- The knowledge that the work you are supporting is changing the lives of children all around the world
Classification: Paid Intern
Part-time: 24 hours per week
Dates: June 1, 2021 to August 6, 2021
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Our work for children and their families requires that we commit—at every opportunity—to work together to identify and dismantle persistent systemic and structural racism, inequality, and any other forms of discrimination in this country and beyond. As an anti-racist organization, Save the Children will not tolerate discrimination in any form—in our employment practices, amongst our staff, in our leadership or toward the people we serve. We stand in solidarity with all people to fight for equal rights, justice, inclusion, and belonging.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom we are in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation.
Save the Children is committed to minimizing safety and security risks for our valued employees, ensuring all are given training, support and information to reduce their risk exposure while maximizing the impact of our programs for children and families. Our shared duty, both agency and individual, is to seek and maintain safe working conditions for all.