Visitor Use Assistant (Fee Collection)
Collect and account for fees at various locations interacting with visitors and sharing information. Serve as front-line representative to answer questions and offer guidance to guests.
GS-4 and GS-5 positions have additional responsibilities including
- Receive and appropriately handle or refer complaints.
- Follow established accountability guidelines for handling government funds.
- Operate electronic computerized cash register, perform opening and closing shift functions.
- Issues entrance receipts, park passes, and federal recreation passports in accordance with established guidelines, and
- Verify entrance receipts and various passes for validity dates.
- completing deposit reports to verify money collections, accountable stock sold, and all machine transactions from shifts using journal and receipt tapes and computer software.