Transitional Housing Manager (@ Community Advocates)
Transitional Housing Manager at Community Advocates in Milwaukee, WI - shared by Jobs That Help as a third party
The Autumn West Safe Haven serves hard-to-reach homeless persons with severe and persistent mental illness who are referred directly from the streets and have been unwilling or unable to participate in housing or supportive services. The Program Manager, under the direction of the Supportive Housing Director, facilitates the day-to-day operations of the Autumn West facility and ensures positive program outcomes.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the program including staff supervision, staff scheduling and supply inventory.
- Interview, train and supervise staff, program volunteers and student interns.
- Provide basic facility maintenance and assist in identifying and relaying issues to appropriate personnel.
- Oversee contract and service provider agreements.
- Administer fire drills, emergency plans and safety systems planning.
- Assure timely and accurate information for the program is entered into Management Information Systems.
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of program policies, procedures and design.
- Coordinate nightly meal planning, food purchases and maintain community food supplier relationships
- Model recovery-oriented, person-centered service approaches within a housing first framework.
- Provide case management coverage as needed and assist with limited, rotating on-call responsibilities.
- Provide benefit advocacy, including but not limited to FoodShare, IDAP and SSI/SSD Advocacy.
- Perform client assessments at intake and every six months to develop an individualized care plan.
- Provide individualized ADL skill-building to residents that will support transition to permanent housing.
- Utilize an established Continuous Quality Improvement process based on a self-administered program assessment.
- Operate within established budget parameters.
- Participate in community workgroups and committees within the scope of work.
- Work with SHP Director and agency administration to identify expanded service and funding opportunities.
- Provide support, leadership and supervision to (4.2) resident management staff, peer specialist staff and case manager.
- Willingness to travel to some interagency service locations
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience of working with homeless and severe mental illness populations.
- Knowledge of essential community resources required.
- Ability to provide culturally competent services.
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Hands-on leader willing to roll up their sleeves and assist staff when needed
- Bachelor’s degree in the Human Services field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 1+ years’ of management experience in transitional housing or similar
- 3+ years’ experience in serving the homeless population required.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
- Reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and active auto insurance coverage (Must meet at least state of WI minimum coverage
Community Advocates compensation package includes health, life, short & long term disability insurance, employee-paid dental and vision; a 401(k) plan, Flexible Spending Accounts (dependent and medical) and generous paid benefit time.
Community Advocates, Inc. is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity, and the diversity of its workforce.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 per year